• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stupid or Carolina rig?

zepman

Since I'm saving some money this winter by not getting out on the ice as much as normal I thought I'd stock up a liitle for open water stuff. I was wondering what type of bait some of you use when stupid or carolina rigging. Be as specific as you would like. Size,color,creature or worms. I'm going to be experimenting with some "different" type of fishing this year and would like some tips to get it all started. Thanks.

you should get lots of info on this one! grin.gif for carolina rigs, i pretty much stay with baits like lizzards, and senkos. i fish a small high pressured lake alot with the stupid rig, but i have really down sized. i will use a 1/16 pegged worm weight, and a finesse worm . my main colors are rootbeer, and techquela( sp?). yes i may catch a lot of smaller fish, but they are still a riot on light tackle.

I would say I have 3 main baits that I migrate to for this type fishing. #1 for me.. a tube. Usually a bigger 4" flipping tube. #2 a Comida(senko type) and #3 a smaller crature bait.

I know most will use a lizzard, I just dont have confidence in a lizzard for some reason.

Zeppers- That is really going to depend on what you are fishing. If I am fishing an open water area with little to no weeds or wood.. then I will leave the hook somewhat exposed. However, that doesnt happend very often.. usually there will be some weeds or wood around, hence, I will texpose the hook. IF fishing heavy weeded area, then a burried hook is almost a must.

I also use what the others have said but have found pretty good success with Sweet Beavers and also the Lake Fork Creatures in 5". Every once in a while I'll put a fluke on there too if I feel that is what the forage is.

Daze Off