• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hole De-Icer

Cal

In a link to another product I saw a hole de-icer advertised that runs off of a 12v battery, sells for 25.00 bucks.

Anyways, what other tips or devices has anyone come up with that are a little easier on the pocket book?

I've scene coffee cans with some charcaol briquettes and years ago I recall seeing a coffee can or something similar with copper tubing coiled up inside. You'd than put charcoal in it and create a suction of water up through the tubing while it heats and than is expelled through the other end, back into the water.

I can see where that would work, but would be a pain and a little messy to transport several of those around.

Generally most of the fishing we do is with stick poles in shallow water and we've always got several outside, it becomes a pain to go clear them off every five-ten minutes out.

coffee can and charcoal works great i think, you dont get much easer then that, we used it last year when the temp droped to -25f plus wind chill and it still worked. only pain about it is that Folgers went to plastic cans smile.gif so we dont tend to have as many empty one around anymore.

I thought I was just being a pack-rat, but maybe I subconsciously knew saving all my metal coffee cans would come in handy some day. I've got about a dozen sitting right now, if you want a couple, drop me a line. I'm based in Elk River, but work anywhere between here and Northfield, so hooking up elsewhere is possible.

NO PICTURES!!

NO SHIPPING!!

wink.gif

[email protected]

Zzapp

Hey guys

I just thought of something that might work well. I have no idea how much they cost, but I’m guessing that one of those little minnow bubblers that you use in your minnow bucket to keep them alive longer would also work to keep a hole from freezing, all you really need is enough water moving around, and it should stop the ice from forming, it just so happen that I have one of these little units, I’ll give it a try next time I’m out and let you know if it works.

Quote:

I thought I was just being a pack-rat, but maybe I subconsciously knew saving all my metal coffee cans would come in handy some day. I've got about a dozen sitting right now, if you want a couple, drop me a line. I'm based in Elk River, but work anywhere between here and Northfield, so hooking up elsewhere is possible.

I'm generally on the road a few times a week over in the Southern, MN region and than work down by Flandreau.

I'd be happy to pay shipping on a few if that works?

Thanks for the offer either way.

NO PICTURES!!

NO SHIPPING!!

wink.gif

Zzapp

This X-Mas my wife stuck in my stocking an "Ice Quiver". I had never heard or even seen something like it before. She will occassionally fish but really isn't into it. Well this ice quiver sits in the hole and quivers. It is run by 2 AA batteries and keeps the hole open, even in our weather. She got it at Walmart and I think she said it was about $14.00 (Canadian). Never seen them before but they do work. What will women think of, she says she should get commission.

I use a battery operated minnow bucket aerator, the one I use can go a couple of days before changing the batteries, I use the rechargeable in it. also, I tee the tubes so it goes to two holes. I think I paid about $12 for mine.

Quote:

Cal -

You have mail

Zzapp

I never saw anything come through, I might have accidently deleted it? Please try again.. Thanks cal74 at the hotplace

Sorry, Cal. I recently upgraded to IE7 and when I try to send email from Outlook web access, it shuts down IE without sending anything. Trust microsoft products to have hangups with other microsoft products.

I'll send later from the office.

Zzapp

Yuo know the most frustrating thing is , is to see a new post up , and go there just to see someone tell someone they got mail !!! Just check your mail , and stop wasting other peoples time !!

Buzz

Quote:

Yuo know the most frustrating thing is , is to see a new post up , and go there just to see someone tell someone they got mail !!! Just check your mail , and stop wasting other peoples time !!

Buzz

The irony. grin.gif