• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

satelitte radio

Mike Steckelberg

I have XM in my Geo Tracker and love it to death, the CD player and AM/FM don't even get used anymore. I have actually been heard to have said that I think satellite radio is the greatest invention of the 21st century (so far)I watched a TV braodcast on XM one day and with the cost of launching their satellites, salaries, and other expenses, at the rate they were getting subscribers they would not turn a profit for like 8 years, but they expected that when they started the company. If I remember right they spent $6 or $8 billion to launch their satellites, I can't remember which.

XM - simply cannot listen to the ads on regular radio anymore. Pure music out of my XM is the best investment I've made for a long, long time. I've been a subsciber for a over 5 years now, and will always have a satellite radio.

One problem that I do have with XM is the commercials on some of the channels. Why am I paying them 13 bucks a month to listen to commercials. I know there aren't as many as on regular radio, but come on that is the main reason I got it was the "no commercials".

My basic list on XM is

Fred (44), The Loft (50), Deep Tracks (40), Top Tracks (46), Beyond Jazz (72), Frank's Place (73), BBC (131), The Groove (64), Soul Street (60), Bluegrass Junction (14), Real Jazz (70), and Bluesville (74)