• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter Walleye Wilderness house

capmorgan

Question

5 answers to this question

The front of the sled slope is a little longer than the regular Otter sled so, two seats are closer together. Two can fit but it;s tighter than the Otter Pro Series shelter.

Keep one thing in mind, the tent fabric is not as tough as the pro series shacks. Two average guys can fit comfortably in the shack but, yes you may be a bit closer than you would in the pro series. If you have looked at other shacks, it is about the same size as the Fish Trap Yukon.

I noticed that and the seats are different. The Walleye Wilderness one it says is 17 inches high collapsed. I have about 18 inches high in the back of my dakota with tonneau cover down. In the pro series can the medium cabin be collapsed to about 17 inches too? I would sooner get the purple pro series one but if its too big Ill get the Walleye one. Any suggestions what I should get?

The collapsed dimensions Otter lists on their HSOforum:

Walleye - 64"L x 32"W x 17"H

Cabin - 65"L x 32"W x 20"H

But if you're deciding between the two based on whether or not it will fit in your vehicle, maybe it's time to buy a different vehicle! wink.gif You will be 1000 times happier with the Medium Pro Cabin one over the cheaper Wilderness Walleye. I was tempted by it a year ago, before I settled on my Cabin. The clincher was when I saw the sled shape and how close together the seats had to be. (Go shopping with your closest fishing buddy and sit together in the Walleye. I promise you, none of my fishing buddies like to be THAT close to me!)

Or, maybe the Otter bench seat fits in there ?? (Oops, I guess there goes much of the price advantage, and you still have the cheaper design...)

I have one and yes two people can fish in it.Would I buy it again? No, the fabric is junk the poles riped holes in it after a short time of use.Also the zipper is not very good.