• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum charging question

DTro

These seems pretty dumb, here goes.

I just got around to opening my VX-1 and thought I'd throw it on the charger.

There are no intructions...so what's best for maximum battery life?

Also, is it a smart charger, so I can just keep it on overnight? If not how long can I keep it on?

and for the "clueless" question

I use this for my boat, can I also use it on this battery?

Charger

Thanks

I wouldn't use the large charger because I'm sure it doesn't go any lower than 1 or 2 amps. The smaller chargers will give it a lot smaller "doses" (couple hundred milliamps) and won't fry the battery. Since you have the DCS, just hook it up and leave it charging. That's the beauty of the DCS...it takes care of your battery for you.

I learned the hard way that you have to take the DCS off the battery if not charging it and not using the battery for long periods (i.e. all summer) as it will eventually drain the battery and the battery will be junk. Give it a good charge before putting it away for the season and maybe a couple times during the summer to top it off but take the DCS off everytime after charging in the summer. It's fine during the winter when you're using and charging the battery every week or so, but for long durations inbetween the battery will go dead if the DCS is still connected.