• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FM/HSO Biggest Buck Contest

Scoot

DD, Tom, and Everyone,

I'm wondering about a FM/HSO Biggest Buck Contest next year. The contest I'm thinking of would be an archery only deal, but gun or black powder could do the same sort of thing if someone wanted to. I think it's a great idea (of course I usually think my ideas are pretty good only to find out later they weren't so hot afterall smirk.gif)! However, I can think of at least a dozen reasons off the top of my head why it wouldn't work or would be very difficult. What do you think of the idea in general? Would the logistical details be too much to overcome? For example, who's entered?, how do you prove you shot it?, how is it scored?, etc., etc., etc. There's a ton of reasons why it wouldn't work. But it'd sure be fun...

Whatcha think??? Would it be worth the headache and time?

There currently is a best buck photo contest in the Deer forum.

When I saw this post it dawned on me that I hadnt seen any updates on that topic, so I tossed a note over there.

Anyway, I say stick with the best photo contest, and let users vote.

Doing a Biggest Buck contest just isnt manageable if you ask me. Especially if there are prizes that end up being a part of it.

If you choose to use rack scores, people just wouldnt measure the same way. Too much margin for error.

Weight contests would be tough. Look in the Outdoor News at all the bucks listed at 200 lbs and more. Pretty lofty weight guesses if you ask me on a lot of them. crazy.gif