• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Passport?

If I am correct I do not need a passport to travel back to the US from Canada unless I am traveling by air until 2008. Can somebody confirm this for me please. I really don't want to spent $97.00 for a one day trip on a passport.

I've been to Canada 4 times in the past year and everytime I crossed the border (both the US and the Canadian side) they've asked for a drivers license and a birth certificate (or a passport is fine).

3 of these times I crossed in Pembina, ND and once at International Falls....

marine_man

Amazing this stuff keeps coming up!

I crossed 17 times in 2006, both in Baudette and I-falls and have NEVER been asked for a birth certificate. Valid drivers license is fine. If you bring kids, bring birth certificates. Also be prepared for an effort to reach their parent(s), so a signed letter is nice to have if both parents aren't along.

The U.S. requirement of a passport to get back into the US (not into canada!) has been delayed by Congress until Jan, 2009 and likely will be abandoned for a plan to include place of birth on drivers licenses.

ENJOY!