• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FOR ALL THOSE YOTE HUNTERS

The Sierra Club and the US Forest Service were presenting an alternative to Wyoming ranchers for controlling the coyote population. It seems that after years of the ranchers using the tried and true methods of shooting and/or trapping the predator, the tree-huggers had a "more

Humane" solution. What they proposed was for the animals to be captured alive, the males castrated and let loose again and the population would be controlled. This was ACTUALLY proposed to the Wyoming Wool and Sheep Grower's

Association by the Sierra Club and the USFS. All of the ranchers thought about this amazing idea for a couple of minutes. Finally, an old boy in the in the back stood up, tipped his hat back and said, "Son, I don't think you

understand the problem. Those coyotes ain't *#!#**$ our sheep - they're eatin' 'em. blush.gifgrin.gifblush.gifgrin.gif

Yep, just goes to show whoever cries the loudest generally gets their way. If they castrate the males only there will still be females out to be bred, just more of them for a few males to "service." I highly doubt it would seriously affect the population. Also the cost to benefit is horrible, I would rather spend $.50 on a bullet than millions on live traps, paying someone to check the traps, paying for crates for transport, and paying someone to castrate the coyote and then paying for the release, and I am sure they would have to "monitor" the coyote in captivity for a day or two to make sure they were going to make it, we wouldn't want them to die as a result of the castration. Sorry to vent but I just can't believe some of the stupid ideas some people come up with.

Actually this is a joke, it's been around for many years.

When I used to ranch in Wyo. it was the laugh of the ranch.

WY Game & Fish Dept never have an issue with these people.