• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bail me out - Pinnacle T2 Reels

RTH

Question

Can someone bail (pun intended) me out on how to fix a loose bail on theses reels ? I have an older T2 reel with a wooden handle that has a loose bail and doesn't snap lock back in place. To make matters worse and double my trouble, I took a newer T2 reel I have and took that apart (I know, big mistake !) and can't get that one back to normal. So, what I should of done is taken to the professionals. Does anyone know of a reliable repair shop/person to....bail me out ? I live in Stillwater area. Hopefully, the cost isn't more than the value of the reels.

1 answer to this question

If your bail isnt closing its probably a broken bail spring. The reel you took apart and put back together, one of the ends of the bail spring came disconnected... there will be a little hole somewhere for the end of the spring to go into.

Minnetonka outdoors does reel repair, I think someplace does in the north metro too.. many business's around send their repairs to Minnetonka outdoors.

Dont know if I helped any.. you need to take your working reel apart and figure out that spring.. get it working, then inspect the other reel. If you can feel feel the spring recoil, and it doesnt close all the way... its probably dirty and you will have to take a tooth brush to it to get the grit out.