• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best way to kill a coyote

frabillfisher

My friend has a back 100 acres that is basically all swamp and low land area...there are tons of yote tracks back there and was wondering how we would go about getting these wily critters...what are the laws about hunting at night and what would we use to bring them in a predator call of some sort...any tips time of day best location....????

go out after a fresh snowfall on a full moon night, sit on the downwind side of an open area aginst a wide trunked tree to hide your outline and use a rabbit squealer distress call, give it 20/30 min and if u dont see anything pack up and try a different spot

I like calling them, last night me and another guy went out. i was watching the down wind side and after the 7 minute mark in that set a male came charging through a plowed corn field. I noticed him at about 150-200 yards out and lipsqweaked him in to about 50-60 before i pulled the trigger. it was a great hunt last night we called three stands and killed two. one adult male that had bad den rubs, and a female that hed awsome fur. going out again tonight and i cant wait.

from what i have been hearing, top end with no signs of rubbing maybe 20 if sold green or in the round but it could get better for the ones that skin and stretch. i am not sure cause i will sell the one i got last night in the round. but i dont expect to get much considering it has been rubbing and has an exit hole a little bigger then a golf ball.

If you're looking for numbers and hides that you can sell, I would definitely trap them. You can cover a lot more ground and your "set" is there 24 hours a day. Just remember to keep everything extremely scent free (think bowhunting times two).