• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

VX-1 interference with LX-5

KrashR

First off I have already done a search on this specific topic and can’t find anything. And I’m assuming I’m not the first one to try this out. This past weekend I tried using my Fiancés new VX-1 with my LX-5 and I couldn’t get the interference to go away on both units. I was in 30 feet of water and tried moving the transducers up and down, hitting the IR buttons multiple times on each unit, using the NBT feature on the LX-5. I didn’t try that hard because it kind of [PoorWordUsage]ed me off, because that is the whole reason I’m selling my old FL-8 was so we could use two Marcum’s together with no interference. I wouldn’t post this quite so soon, but I have a trip planned to LOTW this weekend and don’t want to have these issues.

Has anyone been able to successfully get these two units to work together in the same ice house in 25+ feet of water?

I’m not in any way bashing Marcum, but I was thinking these would work together fine even though they are 600 watts vs. 2000 watts? Am I going to have to upgrade her VX-1 to a LX-2 or LX-3?

i had the same problem last night also with my reconditioned lx-3. fished in the same ice house with vx-1 and a vexilar fl-8 and we all couldn't get the the interference to go away, it went down a little bit but not enough to see clearly. frown.gif i was fishing 30fow. i feel you man... was getting very frustating. mad.gif but i would think with the lx-5 you can use your dual transducer n eliminate alot of the interference? to answer your questiong no i don't think you need to upgrade to the lx-2 or lx-3. i was thinking of upgrading to the lx-5 for this particular reason but i guess after reading your post it doesn't seem to matter.

You should have been able to get the interfierence out of the LX-5.. the LX-1 may be a little different. The problem lies in the fact that the LX-5 becuase of all its bells and whistles is kicking out an amazing ammount of power. Any unit under that power may have some trouble getting rid of the interfierence expecially over some bottom contents. Rock being the worst. Also the deeper you are fishing the more problems you will have.. Deep rock is really the worst.

Do your best to turn your gain down as low as you can handle it, get the units as far a part as possible and try different combinations of the IR. Also, pull your tranceducer so that its just under the bottom of the ice. These all will help some!

Best of luck!

on A side note.. i have fished in plenty deep water right next to other LX-5 with my lx-5 and usually find a way to eliminate all the feedback.

Quote:

I was curious about this too. Has anyone used a vexilar and vx1 side by side? How was the interference?

I have used my FL 8 next to a VX 1; the VX 1 had problems, the FL 8 did not.

We will be on the ice with both of them tomorrow and will play around with the IR a little more.

I would be interested to hear more people's experiences with the VX-1. I just bought one and have used it a couple of times. It has worked fine...but I haven't been using it around other units yet. The main reason I bought it was because I was under the impression that its interference rejection was superior to Vexilar's low end units. Plus I thought that since it had 600 watts vs. vexilar's 500 that it would do a good job ov overpowering their signal. I am very disapointed to see that this is not the case.

This past weekend, I was fishing with 2 buddies of mine and they were using the VX-1 and VX-2 that they got for christmas. They were talking alot of smacks about how strong and clear thier marcums were compare to mine, while we were driving. Well, We all fished in the same house and they were having problems eliminating the interferences. I was using a Fl-8se and punch the interference button a couple times and had very little to almost none, while thiers was lighting up everywhere. I Don't know much about murcum products but my buddies sure didn't like fishing next to me.

Well, my trip to LOTW didn't go so well as far as flasher issues. I wasn't able to get the VX-1 and LX-5 to work together. I actually ended up using my old Vexilar and the VX-1, and those performed with no interference in about 26-28 FOW.

lunker651, I'm alarmed to hear about your issues. Have you been out since and were you able to get them all working together?

On a side note I've been thinking about this A LOT and maybe the only way to be 100% sure your units will work together is to have the same exact brand and models. I don't think I want to spend another $450+ on a LX-5. And the VX-1 does most everything for my fishing needs. The only thing I noticed while out tonight is how the VX-1 kind of flickers from time to time, not the whole screen, but just my suspended lure (a spoon with a minnow head on a rod holder, not a live minnow) does anyone else notice this? My old Vexilar right next to it didn't seem to do this...

Also has anyone noticed how the colors on a VX-1 compared to a LX-5 are different, is this just my units or does everyone notice this. Not a problem just want to know if mine is different than the rest.

Also, if anyone cares to know, I emailed Marcum with the exact paragraph in my first posting and they emailed back saying one of the units may need some adjustment, or that I might want to return my current VX-1 for another VX-1. I was pretty astonished with that answer, doesn't exactly give me the warm fuzzy....