• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The boss is treating us to a trip to DL for our hard work this past year. Can anyone steer us in the right direction for perch and what is the limit on perch and walleye over there. We will be fishing out of woodland resort but are also bringing portables and our kabota for mobility. Any help would be appreciated. I have not got into any good perch action since my days on Mille Lacs when it was still decent.

Here's a link to the ND Regulations. I would strongly advise that you read them as the regulations in ND differ quite a bit from MN.

As far as perch information... be sure to read Jeff Dosch's reports here. Jeff is pretty good about posting up to date information on the ND forum.

Enjoy your trip!

marine_man

If I'd have read this 2 weeks ago, I'd say to not waste even trying for perch after what they've been like the last 2 years. However, this year is starting out with a bang. On Sunday, I found perch on the Grahams Island shore line near Military point (right across the bay from Woodland - that's actually where I got on the ice) in 30' of water. There were many guys over on Rocky Point as well (straight down the shore from Woodland resort). Those seem to be the perch spots right now.

Walleyes have been good this year. 2 weeks ago I caught a fair amount of them right across the bay from Woodland near the golf course, but they were all small (12-14"). Sunday night, I did much better on the north end of 6 mile bay. The guys at Woodland can tell you how to get there.

If you bring tip-ups for pike, you can try them at 6-mile where you're walleye fishing, or try Wolford's Bay, which is right down the road from Woodland.

For perch, try buckshots and halis first. For walleyes, try chubby darters and gold genz worms first.

Good luck,

I just got off the lake and we had an excellent day on walleyes. All of our fish averaged between16-25 inches and were very aggressive. I didnt get a chance to fish for perch today but the bite has been excellent. We found some monster pike in deep water and the action was non stop. The warm weather shrunk a lot of the snow down and travel on the ice is easy.

Jeff Dosch

www.doschguides.com

Jeff,

How are you currently traveling on the ice? We're thinking about heading up in about 10 days (right after this cold snap). We would like to fish the Howard's Bay area and will bring either ATV's or snowmobiles. Can a person access the lake from Graham's Island during the winter or do we need to look at heading south of Minnewaukan to get to Howards Bay? Any info would be appreciated.