• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

aqua vu scout battery

braves57

Question

I recently picked up an aqua vu scout. I read in the manual that the battery will last 4 hours. Is that true? If so that isn't much "on" time for a 3-day weekend at Mille Lacs.

If true does anyone have a good backup battery for longer life? I would rather not spend too much for a backup battery.

Thanks for any input!

7 answers to this question

I have the Scout also, and yes, the battery only lasts 3-4 hours. I bought two extra vexilar batteries and rigged up a pigtail that plugs into the existing wires on the Scout and then alligator clips on the other end to hook up the auxillary battery. My son uses a battery jump box which has a power port and cord which he just plugs into the front of his camera. He said it last 2-3 days fishing before it needs to be recharged. Hope this info helps.

The Scout's run off of 12VDC. So you can run them off of any 12 Volt battery. Some people buy a Cigarette lighter adaptor that has the same size Barrel Plug (Call CS at Nature Vision) and then you can power your scout via that connection as well.

I power my Scout with a 12V garden tractor battery. It is a little heavier, but you will have power for the whole day. No more dead batteries half way thru the day. The power cables have alligator clips on them.

I rigged it into a Plano tool box, and use a small block of wood for a cord wrap.

Close the lid on the tool box and it makes for easy transport. grin.gif

You can check Batteries Plus for larger sealed lead acid batteries. I’m assuming the Scout came with a 7 amp hour (7AH) battery? If so getting a 14AH battery would double your on time and so on. As one of the other posters mentioned, any 12 volt battery will work.