• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

April 20th, 2007 - Sturgeon Excursion

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I guess all I have to do is to get Paul W to get me to the right spot and then shes all history.

Oh No! You are relying on Paul to get you to the right spot?? blush.gif

If you get into a mess of suckers, please keep them for me alright!

Hello to everyone on this great posting site. Myself and my 15 year old son would be very interested in going on this trip. However, biggest problem is I don't currently have a boat. Harvey Lee or Basscatcher, I grew up in Gaylord and actually graduated in 1978, oh oh, kinda dates me. Anyway, parents still live in Gaylord. Would be great if it somehow worked out that we could come up and participate in this awesome fishing event. I fished all over the place, but have never fished for the elusive sturgeon on the Rainy River, this looks like an absolute riot and my son would never forget a trip like this. I fished with Paul W. one halloween night on Mille lacs two years ago, so maybe he remembers me too. Anyway, let me know if something could possibly work out with anyone out there. Tight lines to all and Thanks.

Thanks Harvey. I will definitely keep a close eye. Guess I would need lodging too. We would be driving from the Forest Lake area, so if anyone would want to carpool or looking for a rideshare to help pay for the gas and etc.. on the trip, let me know and thanks again to all.

Hi Suick. Sorry I didn't see this earlier. As of right now, our cabin and boat are full. If something comes up though, I'll let you know.

By the way...what your parent's last name? I've lived here since 1973! smirk.gif

Hi Basscatcher, Sorry, you don't have any room in your boat or cabin, keep me posted if someone cancells or if anyone else you know, has available space, as I would love to do this fishing trip. My parents last name is Flantz. German name all the way. Tightlines to ya!!

The name doesn't sound too familiar, except I thought there was a Flantz girl that was one year younger than me. Would have graduated in '92 I think. Maggie Flantz perhaps? It's been a while. smirk.gif

As of now I have room for some people. I booked the smallest cabin the had left at the time and that was a 7 person cabin. I should have room for 4 or 5 I would think. $20 bucks a night per person darn tough to find lodging better than that.

Quote:

As of now I have room for some people. I booked the smallest cabin the had left at the time and that was a 7 person cabin. I should have room for 4 or 5 I would think. $20 bucks a night per person darn tough to find lodging better than that.

I'm in the exact same boat as you Iff. I got a 7 person cabin and we currently have 4-5 beds filled. Anybody is welcome to call Schuesters and reserve a bed in my cabin. I don't plan to spend a ton of time in the cabin, as I will be on the water chassin Sturgs.