• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

April 20th, 2007 - Sturgeon Excursion

We've got two for sure maybe three from the Rochester area! I didn't get in on this last year as I was out chasing longbeards, but this year I am totally stoked about it. After the few trips we made to the Croix and the fun we had there, it should be a blast!

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
I have a picture of my buddies 60" in my office from last year that always helps to get the juices following too.

Dude... your buddies picture is up in your office??? (Big Milwaukee's Best can drops from the heavens and smashes your office) You need to get a photo of your own 5 footer up! grin.gif

The river isn't really all that wide, I've only been once but would think a smaller boat would do fine. My only concern would be once you hook into one, having space to move around the boat during the fight would be nice.

I went and picked up a couple 20 dollar catfish rods and used my muskie reels with 80lb braid with a flouro leader. No roll 3oz sinkers and 3/0 circle hooks were the ticket for us last year.

Originally Posted By: hanson
 Quote:
I have a picture of my buddies 60" in my office from last year that always helps to get the juices following too.

Dude... your buddies picture is up in your office??? (Big Milwaukee's Best can drops from the heavens and smashes your office) You need to get a photo of your own 5 footer up! grin.gif

I know I need a 5 footer of my own. I will try again this year. Every year I go I do better the previous so maybe a 60 will be in the works this year.

Ya man thats what the Sturgeon excursion is about right there. Good folks and fun relaxed easy fishing for some rather BIG fishes!

Gotta love those smiles on them boys!

Tic toc tic toc, springs a little closer!