• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice TROLLER-Thought You Might Like To See This

Rick

Great looking set up and rather simple looking design.

Curious to see what kind of $$$ is put on them. Could be a real "boom" product if reasonable. Would like to see one pull itself out of water and run in deep snow.Thinking two adults in heavy snow might work a 8 hp rather well. Home page showed one sunk in the water.

Has my curiosity running wild confused.gif transportation. portable, & perm all in one sounds ideal.

Well that takes care of my personal curiosity and interest. Pretty well sinks any chance of a boom market product I think as well. Great concept but $10,000 of my $$$ needs to deliver much more. New wheeler, 12'shell perm, and nice portable can be had for $10,000.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

It is built for the upscale market like a Ranger boat owner (looks it too) and it does get itself out of the water and back onto the ice from what I was told.

It also is supposed to handle deep snow well.

Thanks for the insight Rick.

Will be interesting to see its progress as a product targeted to the upscale demographic only. Very limited percentage of the angler market in my mind. But if its revenue geared I guess thats where you try first and hope it lives. I thought $7,000 was still in my wheel house for consideration. I think the idea might resurface elsewhere in the future so maybe in time like all things new and exciting it will level its price out to all income demograhics.

Very neat and interesting product! Gotta love innovative thinkers. Price, if it's 10k, would certainly be a problem for most anglers as mentioned in this thread. Can get a 4-wheeler and portable for much less than that, and this product is close to what that resembles (4-wheeler & portable).

Still, a very intersting vehicle that gives new definition to being mobile on the ice.

I believe that for a fair price comparison, one should look at other amphibious vehicles (not "4-wheeler" ATV's).

The Wilcraft would be in about the same price range as a Argo 6 wheeler and definitely less than an Argo 8 wheeler.

Argo and Wilcraft both float. (some "four wheeler ATV's float up-side-down; some don't float at all)

Argo has more horsepower (but also significantly more weight)

The Argo doesn't have the "drop down" feature of a "self contained fishing vehicle".

(And ... from what I've heard) If you "break through", an Argo or an ATV are both quite a bit harder than a Wilcraft to get back up onto the ice.

Consider your wants/needs/budget. Each has its place. I'm seriously considering a Wilcraft instead of an ATV.

One thing a fisherman has to also think about is the safety on the ice. I have fished with Cranker twice in the last week using the Wilcraft. We have fished in places no one else is fishing.

As I have traveled all over the big pond in this machine I have never felt that my safety was a concern. smile.gif This machine is lighter per square inch on the ice than one is walking. If it were to break through, you can drive out and it does float.

My wheeler will sink and I would never have traveled the places we have went in the past two trips.

Great machine. I will say that they are also tons of fun to fish with.

Quote:

I'd like to see a video of one running in deep snow or deep snow with slush.

It would also be nice to see one break through the ice and get itself out.

Me too!! Keep watch of thewilcraft HSOforum.

I suspect one of these days we'll see some video demonstrating the Wilcraft's capabilities. But where's a film crew gonna find deep snow these days?

I personally have only been through a few inches without a problem. If we get some snow , then I might be able to tell you more from experience. For a 8hp motor, they have pretty good power. My guess would be that they will do a good job.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I was told it will handle plenty of snow and if you see the pic of the vehicle in water on their site I was told they climbed out with the wilcraft under power and without getting out.

The Wilcraft is the ultimate ice machine. Rick and I fished togather last Sat. at the Otter Run and were able to move around quickly. Changing spots is only a matter of drilling 3 holes.

All I know is if I spend too much time in that rig I will have one coming home with me. I think my wife will understand! grin.gif

mw