• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

High idle on 2002 mxzx 600..(that's a doo)

wall_guy_101

Been idleing at about 3000-4000 rpm. Seemed fine even just a month ago or so and then all of a sudden it's idleing high. Won't even idle down after warm up and when i choke it it idle's down but then creeps back up to about 3000. Any thoughts?? confused.gif

Question, have you blown a belt on this sled ever?

If so, you could have gotten a cord from the belt behind the clutch and it cut into the seal and you have a air leak

Have you tried ajusting the idle screws on the carbs?

Maybe you have moved the throttle cabel and it's not routed right and it's holding the slides up on the carb, not letting them return to the idel screws in the carb

This can also be a sign that your pilot jets are getting plugged.

I would not advise riding the sled untill you find the problem. Lean pilot jets or a air leak could lead to scored piston(s) and damaged cylnder(s) and that gets expensive very FAST!

If you can't do the work yourself. I would advise taking it to a qualified Mechanic

I really didn't feel like tinkering with the carbs because of the installed dpm so i just brought it in. It's relatively new having only 800 miles on it but it did sit most of last winter. It's wierd though how all of a sudden it just idled high although i suppose an air leak or clogged jet makes the most sense. Anyway i'll let you know when i get it back. And I will say she fly's although perhaps not as well as yours sled neck...wanna race???? tongue.gif

UH. The dpm doesnt matter the carbs come off the same.

Its a 30 minute job max. Hardest part is taking the airbox out. I had a 01 700 with DPM that I had to clean the pilot jets every year cause they'd get dirty sitting over the summer.

I had a well set up 05 600sdi X last year that if I still had Id race you. Now it would just be mean to race.