• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lectra Lazer Auger

DeBitesOn

Looking at this auger and wondering if anyone that has one of the new ones with the battery would like to share their opinion. I hear they are good for about 20 holes per charge. That's enough for me...but interested to hear some first hand experiences with it.

I saw one in action recently. Looks good actually. Apparently will take 50 holes on a full charge. No smoke, no pull start. Sounds like a good deal. But for me, I think the ability to convert to a hand auger is a real pull factor for me, so I am with Nils.

Let us know what your thoughts are once you get it.

I have one and am very pleased. I am amazed at how many holes it can drill and also very pleased with the ease of drilling. There is a level on the top for those that can't drill straight. One of my better ice fishing purchases lately!

Thanks to all....good to hear and always good to have some positive feedback before trying something new. Carry most of my stuff in the back of my Blazer and never wanted the gas mess and smell...this should be the answer.

I have the 8" and it really chews through the ice - I have been up to LOTW twice this year. The first trip there was 13" of ice and the second time there was a little over 16". We drilled 14 holes the first trip and 13 holes the second trip - I don't think the light ever moved from the highest setting (full charge, med charge, need to charge)

My personal favorite part - no starting!!!! Just drill - this auger might not work for everyone's liking. If you are going to drill 20 holes at each spot you go to, you probably want a gas auger that cuts FAST..

I have one of those polar vision things that shoots through the ice and tells depth so I do a little scouting and then just drill a few holes.

Any other ???'s shoot