• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Photos of trout on Crow Lake!!

3 of us had a great time at Muskie Bay 12/30-01/02. We caught nice crappies and walleyes on LOW. Even bonus fun with a 44", 20 lbs. 8 oz muskie, caught and released on LOW. We fished the trout opener on Crow, caught 7, kept 3 and lost two nice ones at the hole. Not much snow on Crow. A little more snow cover on LOW. For those heading up that way, I recommend calling ahead, it can change quickly up there. The jigging shad rap caught all of our trout.

Thanks Paul, Chris, Robin, Jake & gang.. for the wonderful time at Muskie Bay Resort. Very nice cabins, food, lake access, and helpful fishing information. Maybe next year we can talk about converting Paul from green & yellow to the purple pride... cool.gifsmile.gif

Have a Great New Year!!

Heading up to fish crappies at Nestor for the morning, then planning on hitting up Crow for some lakers. Any idea what the snow conditions are like?? Still the same as last week? First laker trip of the year, I'm stoked grin.gif Good fishing fellas!

GK,

Bring four wheelers. snowmobiles are out of the question right now. There are lots of pressure ridges and areas of open water. Ice depth varied I found as little as four inches of ice no more than twenty yards away from thirteen inches in the middle of the lake so ice conditions are a little sketchy, but still decent. Fishing for trout was decent with the quality of the fish good. Fished trout till noon and then went to nestor. Nestor was like fishing in a hatchery, as usual.

Sunday I think I am going to go with my dad and my sister up to the north arm. Give me a call I have nothing but time and would love to get on some more lakers.

Thanks for the reports guys. Ended up staying at Nestor until about 3:00 and headed home. Got into some nice crappies again but I'm ready to fish something with some shoulders. Might try to sneak up Monday if I get a chance.

Down Deep, to the east of gull rock where the boulders are jutting into the channel by the one island was all open, and surprisingly the bottleneck portion of one of the smaller bays just before the narrows as you are heading towards gull rock from hansons resort.

Crow report:

We were up there yesterday and had a good solid 10" where we were fishing. There was enough snow on the ice so you would not burn the slides, which was really nice!!! Started fishing about 8:15. Fished 'em in 29' of water where they were pushing the bait fish, my sister ended up putting two really nice trout on the ice, 7 and 9 pounds respectively. By 9:00 we were heading to sabaskong to crappie fish. We actually found some nice crappies there(by nice I mean not the average 10-11" crappies that populate the bay). We put together a 20 fish limit of 12-13" crappies. We then went to a rock pile for walleyes and ended up with our limit of walleyes in about an hour. When it was all said and done we had our limit of trout, crappies, and walleyes and we were back in the I Falls by 3:00 in the afternoon.

Take Care All and Good Luck Fishing!!!