• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Grey Fox

I have noticed an increase in the amount of Grey Fox in the Park Rapids Area. At the same time, I've notice a decline in the Red Fox in this area. Wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing. Anyone have a theory as to why this is happening?

I have included a picture of a nice Grey that I caught just after deer season. R001-001.jpg

Quote:

I have noticed an increase in the amount of Grey Fox in the Park Rapids Area. At the same time, I've notice a decline in the Red Fox in this area. Wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing. Anyone have a theory as to why this is happening?

I have included a picture of a nice Grey that I caught just after deer season.
R001-001.jpg

Two words: Coy-otes. Grey fox can climb trees and escape. They will still live were coyotes are. Red fox leave the area. I have seen this in my area. Go closer to town and more reds seem to show up

Maybe because Grey fox prices are up and Red fox prices are down? hahaha wouldn't that be nice if it always worked that way.

I think sachem is right on. If you have a growing coyote population the reds will either be killed or move out. Coyotes are heck on reds. Greys do have that nice ability to climb, so they more easily cohabitate with yotes. Just be sure to check your traps early or those greys will be eaten in your traps as well.

Have any pics of your fur shed with some fur put up?

So will that go into the May auction? The last recieving dates for the Feb. Auction is Jan. 8th. I am bummed as I will not longer make the deadline because our post office was closed on Saturday and will be closed until Wed. No Nafa for me this year.

Are the recieving dates different if they come and pick them up?