• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fishing recap....first time using my new wheel house

mustangt69

hey all, put my house out on the lake friday night. Found eleven inches of good ice allover, some cars driving around on the ice. I'm fishin about 30 miles from st. cloud. Anyways im using 2 walmart deep cycle batteries. i fished from friday afternoon until saturday at about 6:00. When i arrived the battery guage read 80%(batteries fully charged) when i left it still read 55%. This is all with a forced air furnace(ran alot cuz we moved a couple times)all my lights and the tv and my dvd player.(we watched 2 movies). I was very happy with my led lights and overall power consumption. best of all we caught 2 20" walleyes and 5 more we threw back an a few northerns so my first outing in mew new house was a success!! Also nothing better than my wife making steaks in the fish house!!!

My house is the camper (frame) conversion one i have been posting pics of on this site. I would say to this day i have 1700$ into the house said and done. My uncle and a good friend both guessed it weighs between 1800 and 2200 pounds for a 8x16 house. Solid axle drop down with no suspension that pulled straight as an arrow at 60mph so no complaints there!!!! had me worried though

anyways good luck fishing to all!!!

feel free to post your adventures of the first time using your new or custom built house!

Glad to hear everything went well on the first outing.

Just got back from my first outing with my "new to me" used fish house. Made quite a few modifications to it and just about everything worked flawlessly. Stayed 6 nights in a row listening to rattle reels through the night. Got home last night and slept for 14 hrs straight. Amazing how much sleep you lose when tending to those busy rattle wheels at night. Problem is the kids never heard a thing so they were ready to go each morning. We had 12 inches of ice on a lake a bit south of Alexandria.

its awesome having this home away from home. also kinda weird too cuz its not the fishing i am use to. Everyone, i mean everyone wants to use my fish house and half of them have sleepers of their own. Kinda neat sitting out in a fish house playin cards eatin pizza and then falling alseep watching tv.