• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pheasant Closing Date?

What a waste of money for that stamp, got one shot off. Longline- i see you're from Sherburn, what happened to all the birds??? I live in Truman, but drive to Welcome everyday for work, used to see 50 every morning, but after season started, they disappeared.

I don't know where they went for the last month or so. I went out today and with the snow I seen more birds then I have seen all season. Of course you couldn't get within 1/2 mile of them. I think that with it staying so warm out they were able to just stay out to feed and not come together. Wish we would have gotten this snow a few weeks ago instead of just for the last day of the season.

Dad and I ended up with two. Should of had a couple more. The snow was sure nice to hunt in. most of the birds held tight or busted out a hundred yards in front of us. In all it was an awsome day to end the season with.

I was able to get out Sunday as the rain turned to snow. It was kind of nasty out, but worth it. The dog and I got up about 20 birds (5 roosters) and I should have got my 2 roosters. Ended up with one rooster for the day. The birds held nice even with the strong winds.

I made it out again Monday morning and saw a few birds. The birds were holding real tight and I almost got hit in the chin twice by hens as they flushed under my foot. I actually think the dog was ready for a break. We went out hunting 12/24, 12/26, 12/28, 12/31 and 1/1.

It was another great year of bird exposure for my 2 year old dog. If I had to estimate, I would guess he had over 100 birds pointed this season (between ND and MN). Lots of hens pointed and plenty of roosters missed, but lots of exposure. I have indetified what we need to work on this off season for training.

Had to hunt MN pheasants in January. I was on my way to the Dakotas. The area I wanted to hit - HAD ALMOST NO SNOW.

I decided to scout the entire county WMAs and WPAs as a better use of afternoon time. Well 30 minutes before dark I see a hen in a corn field. I slow down to look and the hen and a rooster flush into a WPA.

Decide to chase 'em. Well the rooster flushes wild. I decide to work a "creek" in the WPA back to the road and the cornfield edge. THree points. Two roosters flushed. One in the bag. Nice way to end the year in MN. smile.gif