• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SxS shooters

Northland do yourself a favor and google search Jeff's outfitters. or type in jeffsoutfitters and add the com under shooting accessories there is a finger guard that sells for $20. usually the problem you describe is from pulling the trigger before making a proper gun mount. It's important you prevent this from frequently occuring or you can develop a bad flinch. Not to mention bad shooting slumps because your not concentrating on the bird

Northland,

I assume by selective barrels it is a single Trigger (sst).

I have shot few that with a short LOP that gave me the same problem. Although this was with a reaching for the front trigger of DT gun. Check to see if the gun stock fits you. check LOP and Drop at heel. Shoot with bigger jacket on or a butt pad and see if you have the same problem. This should help you to see if you LOP is too short. Just something to try.

I agree Tommy, I was going to edit my post and also add a short LOP to the cause of the problem. You can pick up stock spacers at the same HSOforum I mentioned earlier. Another way to tell is to keep adding cardboard that is cut out the same shape of your recoil pad then measure it do see how much extra length you need.

LOP - Length Of Pull - Distance from trigger to center of buttstock. Most SxS's with and English grip should have a slightly longer LOP than an identical gun with a pistol grip. Especially true if the sxs has double triggers.

If you are a purist then all sxs's should have an English grip and double triggers. grin.gif I have it on good advice that God the Almighty shoots a hammer Purdey with an English grip and 2 triggers.

Quote:

LOP - Length Of Pull - Distance from trigger to center of buttstock. Most SxS's with and English grip should have a slightly longer LOP than an identical gun with a pistol grip. Especially true if the sxs has double triggers.

If you are a purist then all sxs's should have an English grip and double triggers.
grin.gif
I have it on good advice that God the Almighty shoots a hammer Purdey with an English grip and 2 triggers.

My source says he shoots a Spanish made hammered 20 gauge wink.gif

OK - That was pretty funny!!.... I actually laughed out loud.

Actually, I think God may have more than just one double gun with the described Purdey being a favorite... I'll have to ask next chance I get to hunt with Her.... laugh.gif