• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twas the week of Christmas and all through the shack not a fish was biting, not even a carp. The tip-ups were set with shiners with care, in hopes that St Eye soon would be there.

The children were restless, bugging their dads, while visions of Ten Pounders danced in their heads.

Dave in his Balabushka, and I in my cap, had just started jigging and giving each other some dump. grin.gifIt rhymed.

When out on the ice arose such a clatter, I sprang from my bucket to see what was the matter. I tripped on the heater I flew like a flash, I tripped on the minnows tore open the zipper and threw up the flap.

The fog all around cast a erie kind of glow, you couldn't hardly see but the objects below. When what to my wondering eye's should appear, a Honda three wheeler with one little boy? wait...rope...a second little boy hanging on for his life.

The little driver so nimble and quick must have been ???

Nope it was just Nick. Branden was the sled rider.

Well I can't remember anymore of the rhyme so I will spare you all.

We started at Thompson, fished 2 days sun up till 9pm the NE corner and the N side along the heave. We through the book at them. Marked very few fish either day in all travels with the three wheeler and Vex. Every local I spoke with was telling me you should have been here 3 days ago. They were catching limits. No one was marking fish on the Ne side of heave. We did end up with one 14" Crappie for our efforts. frown.gif

We traveled to Oak Wood next and fished that thurs night. We did not get there till sun down. Everyone was coming off when we were going on so I assumed the bite was probably over and we were late as usual. We fished till 8:30 and didn't even mark a fish. We set up by a permanent shack that had people in it, we thought that they might have some info on a late bite. No Luck. frown.gifconfused.gif

We stayed in a very inexpensive motel in Arlington and had a great Steak at the lounge . In the morning we headed towards Brush but the fog was so bad we missed our road and decided to go on to Sinai. We talked to a couple of fisherman at the motel who had fished Sinai and they got us all pumped up with visions of perch and walleyes in our heads. We hopped jumped and searched every where for fish in that lake and couldn't find any on sonar or the aqua view. The kids got bored and found a very empty space on the ice away from everyone and road the h___!! out of the three wheeler. We explored the south end of the lake and I found one Perch on the Aqua view, I said "guys, come take a look at this Perch." The minute I said it and they walked on the ice, the Perch vanished in a cloud of sediment. I was looking at it in 25' of water over cloudy snow covered ice and it was that spooky.

I think if we would have just sat up shacks and sat still in one place the fish would come buy in schools. I think any noise spooks them away so you can't mark them with your vex. No fish here either. We left at 12:30pm with more of the same stories. frown.gifconfused.gifmad.gif

YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE THREE DAYS AGO!!!!!

Have a safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! cool.gif

Dean, sorry the fish didn't cooperate, but you gave it one hell of an effort and that is what counts. You are a true fisherman! And a 14" crappie is a good one, after all a lot of people try a lifetime for something like that!!

Keep up the good work!!