• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question for Lowrance i finder users

Tippman

Question

Anyone else have troubles with their gps shutting off when the batteries are low and it's plugged into a 12v outlet? Seems to be worse when using the light on. I thought the 12v bypassed the batteries but it doesn't seem so. I have the Explorer. Doesn't seem to happen when batteries are strong. And my battery bar does show I'm using external power.

7 answers to this question

yes i too am also having this problem it is registering that you are using external power but in actuallity using battery power. I called lowrance yesterday and they are sending me out a new cord. I hope that does the trick, im runnging out of batteries grin.gif

Quote:

I thought the 12v bypassed the batteries but it doesn't seem so ... And my battery bar does show I'm using external power.

Quote:

it is registering that you are using external power but in actuallity using battery power.

Those of you who get the replacement cord, keep track of your symptoms and keep in touch with Lowrance. These problems can be the result of a bad unit, not just a bad cord. This is exactly what happened to my ExpeditionC. Bought in January, worked for a while, then same symptoms as you describe, new cord sent to me in July, worked for a while, then same symptoms as you describe, entirely new unit sent to me in November, flawless (with either cord).