• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ram Mount

FishyScent

I dont trust those things. It would not be a negative statement towards RAM, but I have never seen a suction cup that stayed in place for any amount of time. I have a light stick in my work car with those, and they are perpetually coming off the windshield. That is in a car, on relatively smooth roads. With the possibility of losing or damaging pricy handheld stuff, like GPS's, I wouldnt risk it. Maybe RAM has the goods on the suction cup market, but still. I know that suction cups are affected by hot, cold, humid, and wet weather, and since we are usually fishing in one of those extremes, I would just hard mount it. Just my opinion.

I used a suction mount for my garmin ledgend and it never fell off once. My friend has a h2o with a suction mount that he uses on his lund pounding Mille Lacs, never fell off. That being said, I would still never put it in a place where if it did fall off, would end up in the water. My boat has a wrap around windshield, so no worries, my buddy places his on the left side of the windshield, so if it falls, it ends up on the bottom of the boat.

Good luck

I have a suction mount that I've used on a Garmin 12 and Garmin Etrex for around ten years. Never fell off. I've made sure that it was applied to a very smooth surface. Windshield is the best. Smooth surface inside of the boat is next best. Have used it from Oklahoma to Ontario without a problem.

Finns.

The older RAM mini mounts were plastic and they did break when mounted on a snowmachine when traveling in rough terrain, I also did break on on my boat in rough water. The new RAM mini mounts are all metal and AWESOME. But I would not get the suction one.

I have the suction mount for my Garmin Map76. I used it on the windshield of my truck for a trip up north this summer. Worked great! Never fell off. I wouldn't recommend leaving it on the windshield all the time though. I saw a truck with a big black circle left on the windshield after he took it off. I was sure not to leave mine on that long. Don't know how the rubber of the suction mount will hold up over time.

I have used it in my truck for my H2O and had it fall off. If you use one wetting it a little helps it stick and take it off ocasionally and remount it. I have changed to a u bolt mount on my rearview mirror.

Are you guys referring to the style that has the lever that locks the suction cup? I recently bought one for my car and it has worked well so far. I think you need to realize that it's not a permanent mount, so it will have to be re-stuck on on occasion.

I agree with everyone else that a suction cup mount isn't what you want for your electronics on your boat. I would like to add that even though RAM makes a fine product, I would consider ANGLER'S PAL. I think there mounts are superior to the RAM mounts. You could do a google search and find more info.