• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Destroying the myth video, National Trappers Association

I would like those of you who think it is cruel to have an animal in a foothold trap, or think it is wrong to photo a live animal in a foothold, to watch this video.

You can play Destroying the Myth by Clicking here. Watch the video and you will see that taking a photo of an animal alive in a foothold trap causes no extra harm to the animal, as the trap is just meant to hold the animal and not to harm it.

Please take the time to view this video.

Thanks

[Note from admin: Edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.

P.S. You are and have been very informative. Thank you Fisherman222]

If you guys haven't watched this it's 10 minutes well spent.

I am not currently a trapper but hope to be again someday. I learned things from this video!!! I was also glad to see that there were so many trappers associations in east coast states (Maryland, New York, Massachusets and others). I would not have expected ANY type of trapping in those states, and I hope they can keep it going.

Take a look everyone.

DD

Very interesting and informative video! Trappers, without a doubt, are the most intuned sportsman around - to be a state biologist you should be required to have trapping experience, my .02 anyways! Later.

Great video, But... is that the trap of choice for most trappers?? If it is I will start useing it. I would like to see how long a drowning set takes to be lethal. ( the only trapping I do is nusence beavers and I snair or drown them) But I am a big fan of trapping, it has always been a dream of mine to be a "real trapper" but i live in the cities and have too much going on to have a nother hobbie.

joe

footholds are very popular. But I don't think you can generalize and say what the most popular trap is, it all depends on the critters you are trapping. It also depends on the laws in the area you trap. Connibears and snares are great traps as well, but their use is very restricted in many areas.

Couldn't agree more with you Cooter! I don't currently trap but spent my formative year trapping coyotes and fox. It seems like the trappers take it the hardest from the antis (aka (Contact Us Please)) and are some of the most respected by other oudoorsman for their oustanding knowledge of the woods and waters.