• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vinyl paint or powder coat paint for jigs?

idratherbefishing

Question

3 answers to this question

As I've posted before on this, it's not whether it's easier to use, it's whether you like the finish or not. There is a difference in finish between vinyl paint and powder. Buy a small thing of each and try some out and see what you like the best between the two. Both are pretty easy to use. One gets dipped and dried, the other gets heated, dipped, then baked. I prefer vinyl paint, just because I make 1,000's of jigs a year and many guys that I do them for prefer that also. The powder has the hardest finish you can get, but seems to have a grainy look. I like the old school, so I go with the vinyl, just my perogative. Experiment is the key.

Tightlines,

GatorBait

I use the powder. I do not make very many of them at a time because I do not bake them. I usually loose them before they start to chip anyway. If they do chip I paint them again.

Is there any health concern with baking them in the oven? This is the main reason I do not bake them.

mw