• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polk County Report!

Had a great day today for multi-species! Fished a small lake outside of Luck and got about 30 nice sized gills, a few decent crappies, a big ol bass, and a 36 inch pike! small white jigs and waxies or Gulp! took the sunnies and crappies. I tried crappie minnows with little succes. The big pike came on a tip up with a monster creek chub. Talk about a blast. The lake only gets 13 ft deep but we did best in about 10 ft of water right off the weedline.

Burnett County Report - I had a good day on pike on a small lake east of Siren. I used up over two dozen shiners. I got lots of two and three pounders and one over 36" that I am not sure how much it weighed. All the pike were hooked using circle hooks on a tip up so I could release them. Only one was hooked too bad to release and I only missed a few.

The bluegills were hitting good but they were small. Around four PM, the crappies started hitting and some of them were very big for such a small lake. Now it is raining and I am stuck in the cabin with the inlaws until it stops raining! The lake had only about 6" of ice.

mpester,

My inlaws are from spooner, was up last weekend and fished Clam one day, it was poor for bluegills, i drilled about 100 holes and didn't ice one, got a bunch of runt pike on tipups though. Fished a few other lakes around spooner and got some dandy gills and crappies though. Ton of little fun lakes around that area.

My in-laws cabin is on Clam but I hardly fish that lake anymore. It is a fair lake for big fish but the numbers do not seem very good. I need more action than I get on Clam. The other lakes in the area are better for numbers of fish and many of them give up some good sized fish. Also, I like to be away from the crowds that Clam Lake seems to have. Most of the smaller lakes I fish in that area have fewer than five houses (if any) on them in the winter.