• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone on here a redneck??

Bassboy1645

okay but maybe not soo much fishing related but everyone i know is what the average joe calls a "hick" Yes we all love to fish and hunt. I love the country music and I drive a big loud truck. My Fav song is prolly redneck yact club.....I must not be the only one. FESS UP!!! I myself learned i was a redneck when it turned out i was the only one in english class who had eaten squirrel. crazy.gif Denial isnt just a river in egypt. grin.gifgrin.gif

Have to admit I would be classified as such. Though I don't have the 3/4ton Ram with 4in lift, and dual exhaust cut at the headers anymore, I have been living in a town of 1,000 in the middle of nowhere, where hunting, fishing, and 4 wheelin come natural. It's nothing to be ashamed about, just a way of life. And yes, squirrel is very good. I'll admit.

Being a redneck has nothing to do with what you drive or listen to, it's how you act. I've met guys that have all the red neck toys and are far from being a red neck and I've also worked with engineers that dispite all their education they are as red neck as it comes.

while i yes, do drive a truck, hunt and fish, and have eaten squirrel. i would have to fall outside of the redneck lines. i am a 47 y/o head banger that loves heavy metal, but will listen intensley to ebenesense and enya. heheheh go figger but i willl take the time to wish all of you, redneck or other a very happy new year. ... paul

Wikpedia difinition of Redneck

"Usage of the term redneck generally differs from hick and hillbilly, because they reject or resist assimilation into the dominant culture, while hicks and hillbillies theoretically are isolated from the dominant culture. In this way, the term redneck is similar to the word cracker."

From Urban Dictionary

"Mildly offensive term for a lower class white person from the southeastern states of the USA. Derives from someone who spent a lot of time on manual labour outside and so received a "red neck" from the sun."

And from Dictionary. com.

red·neck /ˈrɛdˌnɛk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[red-nek] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation Informal: Often Disparaging.

–noun 1. an uneducated white farm laborer, esp. from the South.

2. a bigot or reactionary, esp. from the rural working class.

–adjective 3. Also, red-necked. narrow, prejudiced, or reactionary: a redneck attitude.

red·neck (rìd'nìk') Pronunciation Key

n. Offensive Slang

Used as a disparaging term for a member of the white rural laboring class, especially in the southern United States.

A white person regarded as having a provincial, conservative, often bigoted attitude.

Now why would a person call himself this??

mnfishinguy i dont think the post was intended the way your taking it i think the original poster just wanted to see how many other "rednecks" or "hicks" or "country people" are on this site and was just something to do while we wait for some safe ice were not putting ourselves down by saying that were just saying that were from the country and we like it that way

Mr. Jeff Foxworthy describes Redneck as a "Glorious absence of sophistication."

Can't say that I call myself a Redneck but I'm not a city boy either, somewhere in the middle I guess.

I drive a truck (no pipes or lift), like to catfish (uh,oh!), and love country music.

Quote:

Mnfishinguy denial is the 1st step.
wink.gif

I've got all the redneck toys but still not a redneck, as the definition goes. I guess in the English classes that I have taken I was taught that the definition of the word is what it means. So can someone tell me why this word is so special that it dosen't follow the English rules? The reference books define it as one thing but for some reason the people that proclaim to be one don't follow the rules. Or maybe the people that think they are one don't really know what they are proclaiming to be? Now that would make you a redneck! tongue.gif

I'm with mnfishinguy on this one. Redneck is a deragotory name, and no matter how I choose to live my life, would never want to be called one. Now with that being said, I wear a 3 piece suit to weddings, funerals, and other such events. But I will also throw on the coveralls and flannel shirt and work on all of my toys slash vehicles. I listen to all music, from country to techno/club music to classical to death metal. I chew tabacco and dress very metrosexual when I go party "downtown". I have a shirt that says "Man Enough to Wear Pink", and also a drawer full of stained, cut off T-shirts.

Where the heck does that put me??? cool.gif

since when did a rednek follow the english rules or any other rules for that matter.

in one way or another were all a little bit rednek

I'm not trying to offend anyone and if I do thats the rednek in me.

Quote:

Wikpedia difinition of Redneck

"Usage of the term redneck generally differs from hick and hillbilly, because they reject or resist assimilation into the dominant culture, while hicks and hillbillies theoretically are isolated from the dominant culture. In this way, the term redneck is similar to the word cracker."

From Urban Dictionary

"Mildly offensive term for a lower class white person from the southeastern states of the USA. Derives from someone who spent a lot of time on manual labour outside and so received a "red neck" from the sun."

And from Dictionary. com.

red·neck /ˈrɛdˌnɛk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[red-nek] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation Informal: Often Disparaging.

–noun 1. an uneducated white farm laborer, esp. from the South.

2. a bigot or reactionary, esp. from the rural working class.

–adjective 3. Also, red-necked. narrow, prejudiced, or reactionary: a redneck attitude.

red·neck (rìd'nìk') Pronunciation Key

n. Offensive Slang

Used as a disparaging term for a member of the white rural laboring class, especially in the southern United States.

A white person regarded as having a provincial, conservative, often bigoted attitude.

Now why would a person call himself this??

Anyone other than me think that we are in dire need of good hard ice?????????? blush.gifgrin.gifwink.gif