• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

just for your information

boxcar46

I live in south dakota and have seen some posts around that do you or do you not have to licence you permanate fish house. Most of the reply's said no you do not if you do not haul anything. WRONG, you do need to licence your fish house here in SD. I talked to the sherriff today and ask him face to face. I asked him also that how come you see so many ice shacks without licences and why do they get away with it. He told me that they are just taking a chance. Ya right, I know people that have had a fish house for many years and never have licenced it. Well I'm not taking any chances, I put mine on tonight.

boxcar46

Cotfish, I believe they are talking about a Trailer License for a tow behind ice house. Yah, we know we need a shelter license on our fish houses, but in MN we don't need to license it as a trailer if we're not using it to haul stuff.

Clear enough? wink.gif

In MN there is a lifetime license for trailers under a certain poundage, I cant remember for sure what that is but I believe it is 2500#. No License plate just a little sticker on the tongue.

Quote:

in MN you do not have to license it. SD just want's a little extra from you fishermen!!!

When we catch up with MN taxes and fees, the poor people in SD wii have to quit fishing.I'm sure they are thinking of new ways to tax and fee the heck out of us here too. lol wink.gif

Unfortunatly it is not a one time fee. If an ice house is used as a camper, it is considered an RV and you will have to renew the tabs every year. I bought my house in Sept. 2006 and I just got my renewal notice in the mail for 2007 ($10.50). If you use it as a toy hauler you might be able to get by with a one time license if you don't have bunks in it for sleeping but I am not sure on that. If it were me I would not take a chance. Ken