• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

$100 day

arcticcat400

so i pulled my permanent out on tuesday with my wheeler and since i havent used the wheeler in a while and when i did it was just around the yard i noticed after pulling the house out that the registration was expired so i was gonna hed back and take the wheeler home well it wouldnt start so i decided since i was spending the night in the fish house i would just leave the wheeler till morning well the next day the conservation officer comes by and knocks on the door so i opened the door and he asked me about the 4-wheeler and i told him what had happened and he said he would send me a letter with the citation for $20 and i said ok thanks for letting me know i will get that taken care of asap so i get the letter today and call to find out the amount of the ticket and i find out its $100 20 for the ticket and 80 for something they called a ser charge i was a little shocked to say the least i agree that i should have been fined but i thought 20 and proof that i got the problem taken care of would have been fair which i did get new registration the day after sorry i just had to vent a little

It's worth getting a court date, as they will most likely reduce it some. I would give it a try, especially if you have easy time getting time off work. You aren't trying to get out of it, just that you admitted your mistake and willing for the $20, but the rest is too much, IMHO.

I remember hanging with a CO for a day, and he hated doing it, but he had to issue cross country permit fines for those skiing without the $4 permit, and the ticket in Washington county cost $270!!!!!! He always told them to go to their court date and the price would be reduced drastically. Not sure if it is the same, but worth a try.

Good luck!

Ouch. That takes some from the bait fund.

On a side note, and I don't mean to hijack this thread, but BoxMN, how is your dad (I think he is your dad) doing these days? I thought I remember you saying that he was sick or needed surgery.

Hey Ray,

Thanks for asking! He is doing great. Had a new valve put in this spring, and a pacemaker. I had him catching his first fish (small pike) by about July. He has since recovered well from that. About 3 years ago, he had his big operation, a kidney and liver transplant, right during the recovery of a perferated bowel... ouch. He "died" a couple times on the table, we are told, but his doctors and nurses never gave up.

Nor did his organs from our hero, his donor Joe from Mankato, who had a brain hemorage at age 56. We all have become friends, family actually, with his family and his mother - her Joe lives on in my Dad, and they visit regularily, a Godsend to all.

Anyway, to make a very, very long story shorter, he is doing GREAT! He went to duck opener with us, this fall, and we are going to Cabelas tomorrow to "check stuff out" wink.gif Looking forward to fishing opener with him again, as he missed it last year.

Thanks for remembering and asking!!! And to anybody not yet decied, decide to be listed as an organ donor, it truly is a give of life that can make a miracle out of a tragedy, for all parties involved.

Thanks, Happy New Year!!!

(btw, I was tagging along with my Dad and his friend Gary the CO the day I learned about the ski permit tickets. Gary died in the past year or so of kidney related problems.)

That's good to hear. I have always enjoyed reading his columns. Obviously, since he is still writing them, he is doing better.

Maybe I'll see you on WBL this winter (I too live in WBL). I'll just ask everyone if they are BoxMN. wink.gif

I have a purple Otter Cabin now smile.gif Also building one that will be white with a big and bright red or purple "+" on it that we will put on WBL, if we ever get more ice... I still need to put the skids and roof on.

I live right down the alley behind WB Bar and Decoys. chris at boxmeyers d_t com. As you know, I am new to this ice fishign stuff, so maybe you can show me some WBL pointers some time.

Thanks again!