• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

e-collar suggestions??

RAJ

I don't own a dog quite yet, but my father in law uses the Dogtra collar GSPMark mentions about and loves it. I think the locate feature on that unit is great. Hit the switch over and when you push the button a beeping noise goes off.

That will definately be the collar I go with when I'm in the market to buy one.

If you have a pointing dog spend the extra money and get one with the locator option . I hunt with a bell and if it is windy I lose my dogs location some times in the cattails.

I have had good luck with dogra collars I should of spent a little more money and got one with the locator option . My dog will not move off of point until the bird moves .

I have the Flyway special also, great collar, a real work horse. Tri-tronics customer service, excellent, the one time I did have a problem, it was 5 days before the season started, mailed it in, got it back day before the season started.

Thanks for the info!! I'll have to do a little more reading and see what will be the best fit, but my first choice was a dogtra so it's nice to hear that others recommend them. Rob

Have a Tritronics (100 I think but not made anymore) and it has been excellent. Great customer service as reported previously.

Purchased a Dogtra at the recommendation of my new labs breeder and it is a great system as well. I do love the smaller transmitter and the ability to change the "zap" level on the fly and the nick is a tremendous feature. Honest truth is I hit the nick and my young dog responds usually----I hit the bottom/continuous button for a quick push and i usually get a yelp! That nick has got to be a very short stimulus and is great plenty most of the time.

I have had 2 Dogtra collars and absolutely love them (1602 for 2 dogs). It's a nice unit with a hand unit smaller than a size of a pack of smokes. The page mode is enough to get the dogs attention most of the time.