• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Long read time with Navionics PREM-N2 and H20C

computerboy

Question

I recently purchased the Navionics Premium North chip (PREM-N2) and have noticed that it takes a considerable amount of time to read the chip and refresh the screen when I move the cursor around to explore different lakes on the chip. If I do the same with my LakeMaster ProMap chip, the screen refreshes almost immediately.

Is this a known issue with Navionics and the H20C? If so, is there a fix...or is it something I just have to live with?

Thanks in advance!

4 answers to this question

Just so there's no mistake: I believe that computerboy is refering to the '06 Navionics chip, like the one I have that is labeled 'SD/PREM-N2 Apr2006.'

Northlander, you made me wonder when you mentioned that yours was slow, too, but your 'old navionics chip isn't that slow.' For a while there I thought you had somehow gotten ahold of the new '07 chip and it was slower yet again than the '06 version. That would be tough to take. (I assume there was one before the April 2006 release?)

The '06 Navionics chip is definitely slower to refresh than either of the LakeMaster chips. One would hope that Navionics would put their mega-amount of data on a faster chip for the '07 release.