• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

H2O with lakemaster chip ???

ozzie

This maybe moved to the equipment forum but thought I would get more responses here so either way here is the problem and I know it has been discussed but can't find the old post.....

I have a H20 and never used it alot until I picked up the lakemaster chip. Now when I am driving down the road I am driving according to the GPS along side the road. how do I correct this problem?????? confused.gif

That is the case a lot of the time.

Some roads, I'm right on them. Other roads, I'm nowhere near them.

It can either be your accuracy based on how many satellites you are picking up or it is the simple fact that the map is off.

I second hanson. (Even though you forgot the hood latch wink.gif)

The lower your EPE is the better chance you will be on with the map. You will notice there are places where you are always off though from lakes to roads and they seem to be the same places over and over I've noticed.

I have the H2O not the C....I have no problem with reading my H2O I just turn on the light but I think my friend said there are other options on the C that he liked something like he can see better when zoomed in I guess has a wider view???? I don't have a problem with mine other than staying on the roads......I left my house which is set off the road a little. the road is on the map and it had me started set back from the road but when I started driving I drove according to my GPS straight across the neighbors yards to get to the road!!!! Then I got on the HWY and I was driving according to the GPS in the ditch....I guess this is normal according to the responses so I will ignore it I guess......Thanks for the responses guys!!!!!

Anyone know what mapping coordinate system Lake Master used? This can cause an error as well if the GPS is set to one system while the map is based on another.

This error summed with the position error (15-25ft) and you'll be shown driving in the ditch. No big deal. These aren't surveying precise GPS's we're using here.

Don't worry. I have the same issue. My house shows up a whole block away, even with only a 30 ft EPE. Some of the roads are off, but my experience on the lakes has been much more accurate, which, I assume, is why you bought the chip in the first place.

your assumption is correct!!!! this is what I wanted to hear cause I was thinking if the roads are this far off then maybe water structure could be this much off also which would be tough and confusing!!!!

Quote:

your assumption is correct!!!! this is what I wanted to hear cause I was thinking if the roads are this far off then maybe water structure could be this much off also which would be tough and confusing!!!!

Your going to have many areas where your structure is off, the Pro Maps "HD" are going to be more accurite of course.