• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cabela's LED Tent Light???

jigging-matt

I was looking at the Cableas site tonight and saw some led tent lights for $12.99 each. Sound like they last for about 35 hours on 3 aaa batteries. Anybody ever use these? I don't remember them ever mentioned on the lighting your portable post. Just wondering how these fair.

They appear to be very similar to Sylvania DOT-it's, these just have the little clip to hang them.

I purchased a half-dozen DOT-it's last year - around $7-8 each from Walmart, but noticed Menard's carries them this year too - and added some velcro to the backs to the lights and to poles in my Clam 6800. This lets me move them to where ever I need light. I think they work great, but are a little on the spendy side when compared to a basic LED rope light. I ran my Dot-it's last year on the same 3 AAA batteries all season (maybe 30-40 hours of total night-time fishing) and they were still pretty bright this year when I pulled my fishing supplies out of storage. Being that batteries are pretty cheap, I went ahead and replaced them anyway. Might as well have fresh batteries for the start of the season. smile.gif

Yes these are nice lights. I use them in the summer to light a tent and I bet they would work well in a shelter. Also if you use the lithium batteries in them they should last about three times longer and they won't be affected by the cold like an alkaline.