• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance

DuluthMedic

I just purchased at Lowrance X67c ice machine. Used it one night so far. I was wondering if anyone has ever used one before. It has split screen with bottom zoom flasher. Also has a feature like the fish finder in your boat, and can be used in boat. I'm looking for info. I may return it and get a fl-8. Was just a few dollars more then the fl-8. Thanks

It's all about what a person likes to use. Some people like the flasher and some people like the graph style. You could list pros and cons about both, but it all comes down to a what a person likes to use. I personally like the Lowrance X67C Ice machine. My friend has one and I liked it so much I went out and bought one! It's just really easy to use and simple to read! I would say keep the Lowrance and try it out for a few more outings! You will love it! cool.gif

Cool man! I think I'll get a vexilar foam deal and use that. Just gotta figure out how to feed the line through the foam deal. The swing arm and metal rod need to go. The whole system doesn't work in my frabil shack. I used it tonight..had fun with it. Thanks fellas!

Quote:

If you don't get a float for your ducer, you could just use the swing arm and get rid of that metal rod and just have the ducer hang from the swing arm. That's what I did and I know alot of people are doing! Have fun with your Lowrance!
laugh.gif

Me, too! The metal rod sucks, but I love my X67c. It's leaps and bounds better than an FL8, if not just for the zoom feature. I, too, prefer it in graph mode.

I did away with the metal rod on my M68C Ice Machine, and that ended my only complaint about the unit. I love mine, and would highly recommend them to anyone! Just the ability to go from flasher to sonar and back is nice. Especially on a new lake I like going back & forth some times just to make sure that I'm reading the flasher right. I also like the fact that the buttons are backlit when it gets dark, and you can adjust the screen color to fit what you'd rather be looking at. Give it a few times out, make sure that you actually read the instructions (I know, I know, why do that, but there's good info in there) tongue.gif, and you'll love yours as much as the rest of us do!

Quote:

Cool man! I think I'll get a vexilar foam deal and use that. Just gotta figure out how to feed the line through the foam deal.

The Vexilar foam is split down the middle so your ducer cable slides right in. If you don't have an adjustable stopper on there already get one of those from Vexilar as well. I put the foam float from Vexilar on my Zercom ColorPoint and it works great. I didn't care for the plastic arm that stuck out in the way plus I had to have the unit so close to the hole I was afraid I would kick it in.