• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody still hunting?

Eyehawk

Eyehawk,

Yes I'm still out chasing them. Yesterday I brought my brother out and put him in one of my "slam dunk" stands and he misses a nice doe about 20 yards. Not much more that I can do for him on that. About that same time he missed I jumped a really nice doe and huge buck that I missed about a week ago. This time I got a REALLY good look at him and know if I don't get him by the 31st he will definetly be in my dreams for next fall unless a car gets'm before me. Right now I'm just trying to fill a doe or buck tag to complete my year so I can focus on ice fishing but I might say how much this bow hunting got into my blood real bad this year.

I come across some private property that I gained permission and thats what has kept me going this long otherwise I would have been done right after the rifle opener. Please do keep us posted if you are still out their chasing them so I know I'm not alone. I think with this possible snow/rain this weekend I'm expecting Sunday to be a really good day to hunt in my area-Brainerd. Good Luck.

Meat-Run grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I am still going yet as well meat-run. I am still hunting east of St. Cloud, where I grew up, but I was hunting in the Bemidji area before rifle season. I got my buck up there and shot a doe with the rifle down here. Still got a doe tag to fill under my all seasons tag, and a bonus tag as well that I wasted $14 on lol. Didn't get to muzzleload this year because of ice season coming so fast again in the Bemidji area, I was out fishing by November 27th this year. Good luck, there is a couple of nicer bucks running around on my grandpa's property that made it through gun season, so I might have to see what I can do there.

leaving at 10am this morning to finish the season in Fergus. I was out opening day and every weekend in between. I have 2 does in the freezer so far and have passed on several bucks waiting for a big guy. I will take one more doe or the big guy this weekend. good luck all.