• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My new Eskimo Ice Auger

magic_minnow

So I purchased the new Eskimo Shark Z51. My first ice outing i went and the pull lever jammed on me and the gas tank started leaking. And this was my first pull. I didnt even break in the engine yet. it didnt even start yet! I returned it and got an Eskimo Mako. Any opinions on this auger? Thanks. confused.gif

I bought my very first auger 17 years ago!

Taken many people fishing, they ended up buying eskimo!

I am sad to say it, you got an auger that was not

taken care of while it was manufactured!

It happens!

[PoorWordUsage] happens!

The mako is a great machine!, make sure you have the blades protected when in transit, or storge!

I fish about 30 times a year or so on average!

On my second set of blades! 17 years!

never sharpen them!

I have drilled alot of holes, for others when their machine

went south on them!

So sorry for the bad experience, I am certain all augers will do what they did to you!

Sorry!

Good luck fishing!

Happy New year!

Fins cool.gif

thanks for the reply finspat. I finally got out this after noon and tested my Mako. It cuts like a dream.....starts on the first pull...the sales rep was telling me that sometimes u just get the motors that mess up...and tahts life..haha...but im happy with the Mako. Only managed one bullhead today. At least it was a decent size! ahha. grin.gif