• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pheasant Receipe

in a baking dish mix half/half white and wild rice, add water accordingly, lay breasts on top and cover with cream of whatever u'd like soup bake in oven untill meat is done and water is absorbed, salt and pepper to taste, works great with chicken or porkchops too

Here's one that I've enjoyed:

Pheasant Goulash

Boil water in a large stock pot, put two sliced onions in and whatever seasoning you like. I usually use garlic, pepper, and salt.

Put your birds in and return to a boil, then simmer until the meat pulls away from the tendons, ligaments, and bones.

While your birds are simmering, get ready the following ingredients:

(Pick and choose what you like below.)

Chopped carrots

mushrooms

corn

tomatoes

wild rice

white rice

etc.

You may want to strain the boil mixture, to be sure no bones or whatever are left. Put the broth back into the pot and add the vegetables of your choice and rice. It's a good idea to partially cook and rinse the wild rice before adding it to the mix.

Cook the veggies until they are about 3/4 done, then add the pheasant back to the pot. Continue to heat until veggies are to your liking

I also like to add cajun or creole spice to it.

Here are some nice options to this:

Add whatever amount of broth to make it any where from casserole-like to a soup.

If you are not a rice person, this is also excellent over noodles.

You could make a roux with flour or corn starch and water to thicken if you have too much liquid.

This makes a great meal to pack into a rubbermaid container and bring on a fishing or hunting trip. It's easy to reheat and sticks to your ribs.

Good Luck and let us know if you discover any other yummy additions to it.

MJ

My kids, would rather eat pheasant breast chunked up and rolled in your favorite shake and bake flavor, cooked in the oven than any chicken nuggets from Mickey D's!

Give them some Ranch dressing to dip them in and watch out!

I've got a good one for the crock pot. De-bone a couple pheasants and cut the meat up into chunks. Place a layer of meat on the bottom of the crock pot. Then a layer of roughly chopped celery, carrots, and onions. Some fresh mushrooms are good too. Then another layer of pheasant meat, then another layer of vegetables. Then mix 1 can cream of mushroom and 1 can cream of chicken soup in a bowl (don't add any milk or water). Pour the soup mixture over the pheasant and vegies and cook on low all day. If the carrots and celery are tender it is done. Serve over rice or noodles.

Roscoe

In college we would put the breasts and legs in a crock pot with the cream of mushroom soup (regular or golden) and then would add 1 can of milk if using 2 or 3 cans of soup and simmer on low all day and served with mashed potatos

Try this for a variation of your recipe, Roscoe.

Omit the cream soup and just increase the water level. Your ingredients should already provide a fairly decent broth that you could spice a bit with some bouillon or onion soup mix. Thicken it with a little corn starch and water if you want a gravy type liquid.

Bob

Oh boy, take it a step further and serve it over cooked white or wild rice. I better go give this a try!