• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Honda Odyssey licensing?

frabillfisher

So i have a honda odyssey that would make and excellent ice fishing machine since my snowmobile is basicaly useless...my question is to drive it on the ice do i need some type of license on it or am i good to go???I would think it would be listed under the same categorey as a four-wheeler? Anyone have the anwser???

I am 90% positive you are right. It should be the same as registering an atv. I would call the DNR and ask them 651-296-6157 is the main DNR building number, they should be able to tell you quickly.

Those things are a lot of fun.. but beware of too much standing water or slush.. you might get a bit wet!

depending on the weight of the machine, it will either be a Class I or CLass II ATV. Either way, it will need to be registered to operate anywhere in MN. If the machine is over 900 lbs it is a Class II ATV.

One advantage of a Class II ATV, is that as of December 12th, you can drive them down the extreme right hand side of the road.

lep7mm.. I really dont think an odysee(sp?) weighs even close to 900 pounds. When did they stop making them things? 1985 or something like that with the 3 wheelers I think. More or less a high performance go-cart, I would be surprised if they weigh 400#.

I know they are a blast to drive, but plan on getting wet if the trail has any slop!

Lol it's a risk i'll have to take if i want to get to where the fish are grin.gif,the cool thing is it has a head light on it already built into the alternator and some pretty monster tires so i assume i could get through some nasty stuff, but like you said mite get a little messy..better then paying 3 thous for a nice wheeler...what would something like that run you to register that?

I think its $30-$40 for registration for 3 years? Something like that. I cant remember what I payed last year and my registration is good til 2008.

Its cheaper than a ticket regardless.

As yes, they are very capable machines but require some speed to get through some situations with the 2 wheel drive... for now, we dont have any snow and it will get you aroun great.

I have no idea.. I used to have a 250R and I cant remember what it was on that.. I might be wrong but I think its the same motor in your rig?

I have driven them a few times many, many moons ago.

I would recommend calling a honda dealership that carries parts.. they should be able to look it up. If you go too rich your going to be fouling plugs quick. There is probably some info on the internet also.

I just did a quick search in yahoo and scanned over a couple threads... someone made the comment *the manual states 20:1*.

This is probably reliable.. but it sounds like a spark plug every other trip to me, especially if someone re-jetted it. I could have swore some odyssey's were 4 stroke also. Its been a long time since I really looked into them. I would call a dealership and see what they have to say.