• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eurasian collard doves.

Juneau4

Hey Juneau, welcome to FM. Good to see you here. grin.gif

I haven't heard of any recent Eurasian collared dove sightings in Minnesota, but they have become fairly common. More in the central, western and southern parts of the state.

I'd check with an Audubdon Society chapter nearest you. Meanwhile, you're in a good place for them. If you get out and about much, you may just keep checking in, binocs in hand, at any grain elevators you're driving by. They are good sources of winter food for pigeons and mourning doves, and collared doves can often be found there, too.

My parents in way southwest MN in a little town of Hills have had Eurasion Collared Doves at their feeder for the past couple years. They are quite skittish though at the feeder. Any sort of movement and they are off. Pretty interesting though.

Try out the web site - http://moumn.org

Under 'MOU Internet Listservice', there is a 'Transscripts' entry. You can search a bunch of different ways. I looked in Jan and Dec and couldn't see any of your doves.

You might have better luck under the 'General Information' entry - sign up for the listserve and ask the same question. I know they were nesting down in Calidonia (sp?) for a couple of years in a row. They also have been migrating north ever since their introduction in FL. If you wait a bit, they will probably be everywhere...