• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

American Angler cordless fillet knife? Anyone used this before?

hoggs222

Question

5 answers to this question

I have had the one that you can hook up to a battery or your cig lighter and Im very happy with it. I have had it for 3 years and cleaned many fish with it and its still going strong. Once you get the hang of it you will love it, especially for those knife dulling panfish.

Good to hear! Thanks for the response! I had another brand, not sure what it was, and the battery went out on me. I asked for the Rapala one for Xmas, but got this one. I think I'll give it a try. I just wasn't sure with how skinny the blades were.

I have the cordless one that you mentioned and I myself don't use it anymore. It always runs out of juice half way through a fish and when it starts to go it goes. The batteries just don't have much life to them. I myself like the corded ones because as long as I have juice I am in business. If I don't have juice I bring the Leech Lake along and do it the old fashion way grin.gif.

One of my electric knives is the american angler cordless. It doesn't want to hold a charge for say a couple weeks. So what I do is plug it in to charge when I leave to go fishing, and when I get back 5-6-7 hours later it's ready to go. Been working great that way.