• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice house-finally done; well almost! (PICS)

End of the Line

I havent added it up but I know its over 14K and under 15K and thats for every last screw and accessory. And I borrowed the LP tanks off my camper, and the hood and stove were free from an old camper I had. I got the counter tops free as well from a project I had here before, along with the teflon sheet. I bought the heater used for a $100 and a few other smaller deals. grin.gif I only wanted to build one so I figure do it right. wink.gif

Well, everyone wanted to know how much it weighs and even I have to say I am a little surprised at the results.

It came it at 4560 lbs with ALL MY GEAR. Then I realized how much stuff I had packed in there already. Dishes, ice chisel, 2 deep cycles, TV, sleeping bags, gas auger, swivel office chair and the list goes on. So when I got home I unpacked everything that was loose at weighed those items only. Turns out I have 590 lbs of stuff. So the house with 2 full LP tanks and 2 deep cycles still weighs in at just under 4000 lbs. I guess considering my truck weighs well over 5500 lbs. this isnt the worst. crazy.gif

end of the line where did you get the plans for your wheel lift system and how did it work this season replay here your send me a e mail at [please-post-in-this-thread]@IW.NET OR IF YOU HAVE MORE PIC OF THE WHEEL SYSTEM DO YOU HAVE SPRINGS AND SOME TYPE OF LOCK SYSTEM FOR WHEELSLIFT WHEN TRAVELING DOWN THE ROAD IT LOOKS GOOD

The plans are my design and the season went great without any problems, other than I never get enough time to use it. grin.gif The design for the lift is a fabriaction shop of someone else's as well as the axles. I had the rest of the trailer frame built to my design to accomodate my layout.

There is no springs of any kind. Once the house is lifted, there are 2 saftey arms that pivot back in place and then you just slide in a saftey pin to keep it in place on each side; that's it.

The only thing I am changing is for next season, if I dont sell the house and keep it, is to put on an electric pump and use the hand pump for a back-up only.

Don't be surprised to see it listed here for sale, I already want to build another one. I might try another design to keep improving the mouse trap! grin.gif

Hope this helps, I dont have any other pics of just the axles. If you have questions guys your always more then welcome to call me my number is in this thread.

Hey my dad and i are planning on making a 8 x 10 ice house this spring with skids on the bottom. We are trying to spend as little as possible and planning on making 2 fold down beds from the wall. Could you give me some ideas about how to make the floor and wall frames and how far the studs have to be aart and that stuff. My email is [email protected] thanks