• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Wellesy

Gamma Ice Line

I need to respool several reels before a trip to LOTW in a couple weeks. I've used the Gamma co-polymer this past summer and like it a lot. Any one use the ice version? If so, how is it?

Wellesy

I loaded up one reel with gamma line and it is a real mess, it literally jumps off the spool. Its coming off and being respooled with P-line.

Try sufix ice magic. Hard to find but it's the best I have used so far. If you can't find it, go with P-Line.

BOB I GOT A SPOOL OF THE SUFFIX ICE MAGIC COMMING. WHATS THE BEST ALL USE TEST FOR THE SUFFIX, I FISH EVERYTHING FROM GILLS TO EYE'S. DON'T HAVE MANY, IF ANY NORTHERNS THOUGH.

I have had the same experience as aczr2k. It is kinda weird, as it "jumps off the spool" it seems like it has a lot of memory, but once you finish letting line out it hangs nice and limp and performs nicely. This is with 6lb test. I am going to give it a little more time . . .

For Lake of the Woods, you may want to consider a superline for any jigging you may be doing. In 30' of water, the no stretch aspect of Fireline or PowerPro is really nice for detecting those lite biters 4 or 6lb Fireline or 10/2 PowerPro would be good choices. A superline wouldn't be necessary on a bobber rod, just jigging IMO.

If you still want a mono, I've had good success with P-Line Floroice as well. I like it in 4 or 6lb. You lose a little bit of the "feel" in 30' with it.

Hanson,

As a matter of fact, I did buy some Power Pro 10/2 last night. I was thinking the Gamma for a bobber/deadstick line though.

Wellesy

Quote:

As a matter of fact, I did buy some Power Pro 10/2 last night. I was thinking the Gamma for a bobber/deadstick line though.

Good choice on the PP. I think you will like the Gamma. I know a lot of guys that have good things to say about it.

New line "jumping" off of the spool isn't really that strange. My new P-Line did the same thing so its kind of nice to fish some deeper water right away with it. Once you've reeled it in a couple times with some tension on it (fish or a depthbomb), it seams to be good for the rest of winter.

I'm thinking it's a good choice on the PP. Now I just need to get Russ at Marine General to get some Gamma ice line in stock cool.gif