• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gamma Ice Line

Wellesy

I have had the same experience as aczr2k. It is kinda weird, as it "jumps off the spool" it seems like it has a lot of memory, but once you finish letting line out it hangs nice and limp and performs nicely. This is with 6lb test. I am going to give it a little more time . . .

For Lake of the Woods, you may want to consider a superline for any jigging you may be doing. In 30' of water, the no stretch aspect of Fireline or PowerPro is really nice for detecting those lite biters 4 or 6lb Fireline or 10/2 PowerPro would be good choices. A superline wouldn't be necessary on a bobber rod, just jigging IMO.

If you still want a mono, I've had good success with P-Line Floroice as well. I like it in 4 or 6lb. You lose a little bit of the "feel" in 30' with it.

Quote:

As a matter of fact, I did buy some Power Pro 10/2 last night. I was thinking the Gamma for a bobber/deadstick line though.

Good choice on the PP. I think you will like the Gamma. I know a lot of guys that have good things to say about it.

New line "jumping" off of the spool isn't really that strange. My new P-Line did the same thing so its kind of nice to fish some deeper water right away with it. Once you've reeled it in a couple times with some tension on it (fish or a depthbomb), it seams to be good for the rest of winter.