• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

aqua-vu problem

newfoldener

Question

11 answers to this question

Sounds about right... Are Gander had almost everyone sold returned last season with camera leaking issues and then ka-put just as you described. Hence the blowout sale of the leftover scouts this season. Most paid extra for the MarCum VS350 and have been quite pleased with it except for the fin notch for viewing there a bit tight but with a touch of a dremel or round file can be opened up a little more to accept the cable. I just got a VS 250 and can't wait to try it.

Actually Tim, they are getting rid of the Scouts because of the Scout 2's. And the new products in the pipeline for 07' I'm sure the majority of the returned scouts were for water in the camera. But you don't generally send back a perfectly good camera?

Newfoldener,

I was having some problems with my Aqua-Vu also this past outing. Last year I broke off the tail of the fish (camera), but I have I have used it a number of times in that condition since. This last time I was out though I flipped on the camera and the picture on the screen was slowly shifting upwards until completely off screen. Also, the screen appeared as though it was blank before it shifted upwards. Anyways, I turned on the unit when I got back home and it worked just fine for a minute before shifting off screen again. Now the unit won't even turn on. Water obviously leaked into the camera where the tail was broken. I am just wondering is the camera fried now? In hindsight I should have just paid the $20 for the fish casing.

Not trying to hijack here, just thought we might be having the same problem.

Reynolds, Water wouldn't have leaked in where the fish camera fin broke. Your issue may only be a low battery.

Newfoldener,

There is no recall on that as it really isn't a large issue at times it can happen if you cut the cable with Mono. Call the girls in Customer Service and they will treat you right.

Thanks JPZ,

Anyone with Aqua-Vu questions or service needs may certainly call Nature Vision Customer Service toll free at 866-777-0733. Many times we can trouble-shoot problems over the phone, but if water has entered the camera housing on any units - we urge you to call us for assistance in replacing the camera.

I have a scout that has not had any problems with water leaking into the camera, but after reading this, I am thinking it might be wise to seal up the seams in the camera unit with a thin bead of sealant like RTV silicone.

What do you guys think? I can't see a downside to doing that. It seems like a simple way to avoid the problem...

Fishermn,

KarenH from Nature Vision again. The Fishskin that covers the camera is purely cosmetic, and it wouldn't benifit you to try to seal it over. Water normally will get behind the plastic skin, and will drain out when you pull the camera out of the water.

You would have to remove both sides of the skin and the interior weights to see the entire waterproof housing of the camera. And I must caution against the use of any corrosive epoxy that may damage or react the polycarbonate housing material.

Don't hesitate to call on us for more information!

Thanks,

Karen