• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing Line

Lure Lightning

I wish that a fishing line company would create a born on date or best if used by date on the packaging of the fishing line. I just respooled new line and it has a ton of memory. I purchased it from G mountain and it also seems weak. mad.gif I use a spooling system from berkley so I think that it must just be the line. If one did this I would certainly buy there product. I am just wondering if I am the only one with this type of issue. Thanks DZ

I think a "born on" date is a good idea, but the "best used by" depends on several factors. Fishing line degrades quite rapidly in the presence of sunlight and heat (mono, anyway). If you keep your line cool and in a dark place it will remain like new for a very long time---years in fact. I don't know if this is the case for copolymers or the popular braids however.

pathogen is right. i have some XT that is years old, and still i great shape, but i keep it in the basement where it is cool and no sun light.i do get some memory, but usually can get rid of much of it by letting the line out and relaxing it. it makes a big difference on the type of line also.( i'm a trilene and PP guy!) the XT coils alot with the cold temps, where the XL is much better.it is possible that you got a bad spool. it could be from how it has been stored, or just bad. having a date on it, as to when is was made would be nice though!