• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clearwater Classic IceDucer

MJCatfish

Anyone happen to have a ducer for a Clearwater Classic? I have a buddy who is looking for one. I'm aware that they are hard to come by, but I'd guess that someone out here might have one tucked away that isn't of use anymore. Any ideas?

Thanks!

MJ

MJ...... a while back a buddy of mine was looking to convert the transducer on his "Clearwater Classic" to a floating transducer setup, like the "Vexilar" units. No problem at all, in fact we used a new "Vex" transducer with float, just converted the end plug to a RCA style....there are 2 wires inside the cable, the white wire goes to the middle of the plug, and the shield wiring goes to the outer of the plug. Works great.....(I made inquiries to Vexilar Customer Service prior to doing this, see their comments below)

He did the plug installation himself..... and the prices quoted from Vexilar may no longer be current.

Hope this helps!!

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 12:29 PM

To: Service01

Subject: Re: Vexilar Email

Wondering if you could answer a question relating to transducers? A friend of mine has a Zercom Clearwater Classic flasher that he is looking for a transducer for. As it runs a frequency of 200 mhz, as do the ones for your Vexilars, is it possible to adapt your "IceDucer" to a

RCA style plug to use with his Zercom? If so, do you do the conversion, and what would be the cost including a new

'ducer and float?

Thanks.....

Ron

----- Original Message -----

To: Ron Bezan

Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 3:41 PM

Subject: RE: Vexilar Email

Ron, Yes, if supply the connector that is required for his unit, we can install that connector on any of our transducers. If you are looking for a iceducer, it is $59.00. That includes the transducer, float, stopper

and installation of the proper plug. Again, it would be best for the customer to supply the connector he wants on the transducer. That way there is no mistake. Shipping, is as usual, $7.50. Thanks

using either a vexilar or marcum transducer will work with the clearwater classic sonar. for best results you should use the marcum transducer as it is more than twice as efficient as the vexilar transducer. you will pick your bait up much better with less gain.

duane cummings

Quote:

. for best results you should use the marcum transducer as it is more than twice as efficient as the vexilar transducer. you will pick your bait up much better with less gain.

duane cummings

I don't know about that but we do know the Marcum transducer would be more likely to fail the the Vex's.

i'm just trying to give the guy the striaght scoop. he will see much better performance from the marcum xducer. lets not make this a marcum vs vexilar deal. if he truly whats the best performance from his clearwater classic please use a marcum xducer.

duane cummings

the marcum transducer is a better fit (matching etc.) for the clearwater classic sonar. given the two xducers (vexilar and marcum) i measure better than a 2:1 ratio in return levels between the two. this in effect translates to a better return and less required gain on the clearwater classic sonar (cc sonar). using less gain will also mean less interference on the cc sonar screen. other than that you will just have to trust me in this one.

duane cummings

Quote:

Anyone happen to have a ducer for a Clearwater Classic? I have a buddy who is looking for one. I'm aware that they are hard to come by, but I'd guess that someone out here might have one tucked away that isn't of use anymore. Any ideas?

Thanks!

MJ

MJ, you still looking for this? If so shoot me an email, briantorbert AT hotmail.com

I had a Vex transducer put on my Clearwater Classic by Fish Lectronics in Fridley. I don't know if they are still doing it as they did have difficulty with supply of the RCA plug. I still have the unit and it works great.