• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Remington Torpedo Heater Problems

CC Hurl

Question

Just wondering if anyone can help me figure out a problem. My heater does not work like it used to. When i plug it in it does not seem to be nearly as loud and does not blow the heat like it used to either.

I pulled the top off so far and the fan workes good yet.

The only thing i can think of is the brass nozel may need to be replaced. Like i said it works somewhat but nothing like it used to. The heater is only three years old and i would guess it may have 80-100 hrs. on it. I can see the fuel coming out of the nozel, but maybe it is giving it to much or to little.

Has anyone ran into a simular problem with there torpedo heater that can turn me in the right direction?

Thanks for any help.

CC HURL

3 answers to this question

I just bought one like yours this fall and so far so good. I'm not sure what kind of discharge there is for the fuel (I haven't looked that close) but there may be dirt or something partially plugging the hole. I'd take a look at that first.