• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing, Muskrats & 4 Wheelers

brianh

Sitting on the lake today w/ my kids and a rat came up one of the holes, had it happen when I was spearing, but never angling. Then along come three young guys on ATVs, they found some water on the ice by a rat house, and you guessed it, they kept on going through the water 'til one dropped went through the ice. The water was pretty shallow, but still??

I had it happen to me last year. I was bent over the hole sight fishing for trout when a muskrat suddenly swam up. I almost tipped the house over backwards! I think I screamed like a little girl which spooked him back down. I was so focused on looking for trout that I wasn't sure what that hairy thing was at first. Freaked me out. grin.gif

4of us fishing in a house. Muskrat comes up (my hole) does one lap around the inside of the house and back down the same hole. I was about 10 years old and it's still a vivid memory although that's 50 years ago.

When I was a kid, one came in my house while I was spearing. It crawled under the wood stove and sqealed as it got burned. It run all around the small house and under my chair. I got out of the house so fast, I nearly broke the door off! I don't know who was more surprised and scared...the muskrat or me!